From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 16:14
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Crack witdths in slabs on grade

Gunnar,

The subject of cracking mechanisms in concrete and formula for calculating
crack widths is thoroughly covered in ACI 224R, "Control of Cracking in
Concrete Structures".  They even review some of the European methods.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

                    "Gunnar
                    Hafsteinn            To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    Isleifsson"          cc:
                    <gunnarhi@post       Subject:     Crack witdths in slabs on grade
                    4.tele.dk>

                    02/04/02 07:54
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to seaint

Hi,
A friend of mine asked if I knew any good references regarding calculations
of crack widths in concrete slabs on grade, both reinforced and plain. Any
recommendations? I saw that PCA, "Concrete Floors on Ground" was mentioned
in a recent thread. Does it treat the subject?

Regards,
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
Denmark