Re: x-bracing connections

Ron,

More often than not, the problem will be mis-placed anchor bolts, resulting
in the center to center of column being off at the base.  I have saved my
former employer a small fortune going to the job site to confirm this, when
an erector starts slinging backcharges towards the fabricator. If the details
are correct, holes, gusset pls etc are generally placed more accurately than
the column centerline.....it is just a more controlled environment.  Hope
this helps.

Regards,

Hal Cartee, P.E.

Cartee-Berry & Associates, LLC
Steel Detailing     Structural Engineering
Florence, SC
henryc3507(--nospam--at)aol.com
843-661-2355