Re: x-bracing connections

Standard Practice in Arkansas for AHTD is to allow 15/16" holes for 3/4" bolts
in bolted connections of crossframe bracing (x-bracing) between bridge girder
lines.  The reason given is the same you are hearing from the field.

I have not heard these complaints in building construction, but they make
sense.

-Keith Fix, PE
-Little Rock, AR