RE: Lack of Drafters[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Lack of Drafters
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:55:32 -0600
One solution that has worked well for me is to hire architects as CAD operators. It's very much like the old joke about lawyers replacing laboratory mice. Architects make reasonably good candidates for structural CAD operator positions because:
1] They are plentiful (especially now).
2] They are inexpensive (because they are plentiful).
3] You are less likely to grow attached to them.
Of course, you might have to put up with some stupid discussions about what color primer to use!
Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Where it's snowing!
"Just remember ... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!"
- Prev by Subject: RE: Lack of Drafters
- Next by Subject: Re: Lack of Drafters + another issue
- Previous by thread: RE: Lack of Drafters
- Next by thread: HP calculator story