From: "Himat Solanki" <HSolanki(--nospam--at)co.sarasota.fl.us>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Crack widths in Slabs on Grade
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:44:07 -0500

Hi

The slab develops  cracks due to the  temperature and shrinkage. The
following formula could be used. Try

crack width = Pl /AE

P = Steel Force
A = concrete Cross sectional Area(12xt)
E=Creep modulus of Concrete
l = spacing of transverse Contraction joints

regards,
Himat Solanki

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER