crack widths in Slabs on Grade

Syed:

The formula I mentioned in my e-mail was from  WRI publication no.
Tf 705-R-01. If you have this publication you could combine both crack due to shrinkage and temperature.

Temperature effect:

As= fr(12)t/2(fs-T alpha Es)

As = cross sectional area in sq. in. of steel per foot width of slab
t= thickness of the slab in inches
fr = tensile strength of concrete,( psi)
fs = working stress in reinforcement,( psi)
alpha = thermal coefficient of concrete  (in/inoF)
T  = range of temperature  (oF)
Es = modulus of elasticity of steel,(psi)

regards,

Himat