Post-Installed Mechanical Anchors in Concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Post-Installed Mechanical Anchors in Concrete
- From: "Nels Roselund, SE" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:01:41 -0800
About a year ago, this subject caused a stir on the list. ACI has published the Public Discussion and Committee 355 response in the February 2002 issue of Concrete International. The new ACI Standard 355 for Post-Installed Mechanical Anchors in Concrete will be published this year.
My impression of the responses to the public discussion, having only briefly skimmed the article, is that the Committee's original recommendations regarding rules for installation of mechanical anchors in cracked or potentially cracked concrete will all be included in the Standard, and that the objections brought up by Public Discussion [including those by seaint list-contributor, Peter Higgins] have not been found compelling.
South San Gabriel, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: pool pour joints
- Next by Subject: Pre-Engineered Metal Bldg. Manuf.- Toronto
- Previous by thread: RE: Church Pews on a Wood Framed Balcony
- Next by thread: IBC soil profile