Re: Crack witdths in slabs on grade

Gunnar,

You can try the equation forwarded by our friend Himat in his earlier
posting.

I would also refer you to the clause R10.6.4 of
ACI-318 where an expression is provided to compute the Crack Width for a
given problem.

However, if you are interested in in-depth study on the subject, I  would
then recommend you the following references:

  1)  P. GREGELY and L.A. LUTZ,

     " Maximum crack width in reinforced concrete
       flexural members: cause, mechanism and
       control of cracking in concrete ".
       ACI SPECIAL PUBLICATION SP-20, 1968.

  2)   EDWARD G. NAWY and G.S. ORENSTEIN
     " Crack width control in reinforced concrete
       two-way slab ".
       PROC. ASCE-96, ST3, 1970.

Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE