From: Phillip Rogers [mailto:perogers(--nospam--at)rocketmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Starting a career

I am a recent graduate myself(December 2000).
Congratulations.
In my opinion your best bet would be to find a list of
companies that offer services in your field and
contact them yourself.  Don't rely on responding to
ads, especially if you are entry-level.  Just try to
sell yourself and your skills. Target the companies
you are interested in and try to find out as much as
you can about them.  Graduates in this market are
usually having to do more work to get that first
post-grad job.

Check out company lists at such sites as:
www.enr.com
www.nspe.org

You might would even want to do a little door to door
selling.  What areas, geographically, are you
interested in working?

Good Luck

Phillip Rogers, EI