AUTOCAD: Getting The Text Size Right

I finally began to teach myself "Paper Space" and "Model Space" in Autocad
R. 14 this week. I have some framing plans that are really conducive to
doing it this way, and I've finally figured out how to get "Floating
Viewports" to scale the views so that when the plot, they plot at an
accurate scale.

However, I cannot figure out how to deal with the text size issue. As far as
dimensions are concerned, it's obviously necessary to leave them in Model
Space so that they give the correct dimension (I nearly always use
associative dimensioning), but I can't quite figure out how to get the text
sizes to be consistent from one view to the other when the views show
plans/details of different scales.

I thought that checking the box marked "Scale to Paperspace" in the
Dimension Style dialogue would do it but it does not seem to have the effect
I anticipated.

Has anyone got any sage advice on this subject?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX, USA
Phone (281) 492-2251