From: "Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson" <gunnarhi(--nospam--at)post4.tele.dk>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Repost: Splicing of precast concrete piles

I am resending the request below, in the hope that someone can give me =
an answer, or point me in the right direction. I have been unable to =
find anything in the UBC97 or ACI318 regarding the subject, and I am at =
a loss where to search further. I have, as discussed previously, advised =
our client not to accept pile splices that are only able to transfer =
compressive loads, but he says he needs a code requirement like: =
"...minimum tensile or bending capacity of pile splices shall be =
such...". This is a long-time client and, even though we are not =
designing the pile foundation, I do not want him to get into any trouble =
because of this.

Regards,
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
Denmark=20