Re: Plywood Deck - Waterproofing

Bill
Sloped standing seam roofing over plywood deck is very common around
here.  Ice and water shield (tm) is commonly used especially at the
eaves to provide a backup membrane for potential ice dams at the eaves.
I wouldn't see that as a problem in your area, but you never know.
Often, the ice and water shield is used over the entire roof to provide
a complete backup to the metal roof.  As long as the metal roofing
totally covers the sheathing with an appropriate overhang and flashing
at the eaves and rakes the sheathing should remain dry from even wind
blown rain.  Therefore, no special additional requirements would be
necessary.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.