ACI 318 paragraph 21.2.5

Can anyone explain the intent of this paragraphs' requirement that if ASTM
A615 material is used, "the ratio of the actual ultimate tensile strength to
the actual tensile yield strength is not less than 1.25"?  It seems that the
intent is to establish an upper limit on yield strength similar to the
requirements of ASTM A706 but I do not see the 1.25 ratio requirements in
ASTM A706.

Warren S. Foy
Structural Design Manager
The Mason & Hanger Group Inc.