RE: ACI 318 paragraph 21.2.5

Warren,

There were 2 problems with A615 bar that ACI was trying to address.  One was
establishing an upper yield strength limit so that inelastic rotation would
occur at a predicable level.     The second problem was to have a yield
strength greater than the tensile strength to get greater inelastic
rotation.

A706 has established a minimum and a maximum yield strength directly listed
in Table 2.  Table 2 also has a footnote that is almost identical to
21.2.5(b).

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague