RE: Methods of Injection of Cracks in Concrete: Which Is Preferre d?

Are you talking about a liquid containing structure or just general weather
exposure?

For a liquid containing structure, I would not allow a surface sealant in
lieu of crack injection. I use polyurethane injection for shrinkage/ moving
cracks and epoxy injection for structural/ non-moving cracks.