RE: through-truss without top chord bracing

I have seen design guidelines for this condition before but can't recall
where. I think if you were to ask Dr. Yura (steel bracing guru at University
of Texas/Austin) he would probably say design the web to resist a lateral
force = 2% of the axial force in the top chord and you can assume that the
top chord is braced at each panel point.