RE: through-truss without top chord bracing

Ken:

The Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal Structures, 4th Edition,
has an entire chapter on this subject including a design example. This was
published by the old Column Research Council.

Good Luck!

Jim Kestner
Somerville Inc.
2100 Riverside Drive