Re: through-truss without top chord bracing

Ken,

	I would add two things to what Jim Kestner and the others have written:

1.) This book was published before P-Delta analysis was in general use.
You might want to consider applying this type of analysis as an addition
to the material presented.

2.) You might want to consider the implications of collision damage to
the supports for the top chord.

	I have designed a few structures of this type as non vehicular
pedestrian bridges or pipe supports with complete satisfaction.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson