Re: Pedestrian Bridge bearings

Michael,

	We use a lot of steel slide plates with teflon bonded on both faces
(teflon to teflon) for vessel supports in the oil industry.  These are
produced locally very cheaply and have a coefficient of friction of
about 5%.  That said, there is really nothing wrong with an elastomeric
bearing.

	As a matter of curiosity, why would you use one continuous two span
structure rather than two simple span structures?  The savings in
erection using two simple spans would seem to me to more than outweigh
the material saved using a continuous structure.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson