Need help on issue that has been discussed before

I need help on an issue I know has been addressed
before, but to be honest I did not pay much attention
to it because it did not directly effect me at the
time.

There is a new three story office building being
constructed, it totals about 50,000 square feet.  The
first floor, first floor walls, and second floor slab
is all concrete and concrete block.  The second floor
concrete slab is about to be placed.  The upper floors
are wood and steel.

Our office did not do the design for the building, but
we have been asked by a tenant that is going to occupy
some of the building to provide structural design for
their T.I. work.  They have some heavy equipment going
in, so there is some significant structural work that
will have to be done in order to accommodate this
equipment.

The Architect of the building provided us with a
complete set of plans and structural calculations so we
could do our work.  Once we got into the plans and
calculations, it became obvious to us that the Engineer
of Record for this building did not provide a design
that conforms to Code.  Many of the Code violations are
in the area of seismic design.  But some are simply of
a gravity load type error also.  We did not do a
detailed review of the plans and specifications, but we
saw enough to know that we want nothing to do with this
project.  We have told the tenant that we are not going
to provide the structural design they have requested,
and we have told the tenant exactly why.

My question is if we bow out of this project, am I done
with my professional responsibilities under my capacity
as a licensed structural engineer in the State of
California?  I would like to just walk away from this
whole thing and not get involved any further.  But I
also want to make sure  I am not walking away from and
responsibilities that I may have as a licensed
engineer.

Am I obligated to tell the building owner that I have
doubts (but not proof) about the adequacy of the
structural design?  Am I obligated to tell the Building
department that I have doubts (but not proof) about the
structural design?

Any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.

Lynn