Re: Need help on issue that has been discussed before

My advice is to be damn careful of what you put in writing. Also just
because something appears to be in conflict with the Code does not
necessarily mean that anyone's life is in danger or that the building is
in danger of collapse. I had an engineer complain that I did not have all
solid grouted CMU walls. He had never heard of grouting only the cells
with reinforcing - in a one story building with low stresses.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA