From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 6:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mechanical Equipment - Live or Dead

Dennis,

I consider roof mounted mechanical equipment as dead load as it is neither
moving or moveable.  (Not moveable in the sense that one cannot place it at
different location at will.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Dennis Wish wrote:

. > I know this is a dumb question and I should know better, but let me ask
. > it anyway:

. > Is a roof mounted A/C unit considered a Live or Dead Load?
. > Is it added to the existing Live Load or does it replace the live load
. > normally applied to that location?