Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Structural Engineers Association" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Walls
- From: "John Goodman" <jlg(--nospam--at)rochester.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:23:25 -0500
ACI 117, "Standard Specifications for Tolerances for Concrete Construction
and Materials", Section 4 - Cast-in-Place Concrete for Buildings, has
tolerances for wall thickness as follows:
For walls 12 inches thick or less: +3/8", -1/4".
My copy is from 1990, so don't know if it is current.
Hope this helps.
John Goodman, P.E.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 7:31 AM
Subject: Q: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete
> I could have sworn I remembered seeing dimensional tolerances for concrete
> in ACI; however all I can find are tolerances for placement of rebar (and
> even then it's limited to "d" and "clear cover" (RE: ACI 7.5).
> I've got a foundation stemwall, nominally 12" that in reality tapers to
> top of the wall so that it is only about 10" at that point. But how can I
> complain if there are no published acceptable tolerances?
> What am I missing?
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete
- Next by Subject: Topographic Information
- Previous by thread: Re: Partial Collapse of Convention Cente
- Next by thread: RE: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete