From: Hyndman, Keith [mailto:KHyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:56 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Cc: Rick Fiedler (E-mail); Mitchell J. Sklar (E-mail); Albert Zvarick
(E-mail); Rich Mullen (E-mail)
Subject: Cracks in elevated slabs?

Does anyone have a good reference for reviewing/understanding cracks in
elevated (slabs on deck) concrete slabs?  I've seen many exposed floors with
cracking, it always seems to scare, clients and project managers. How much
cracking can be expected as "normal"? At what point is
strength/serviceability compromised?

Thank you,

Keith Hyndman, P.E.
khyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com