RE: Partial Collapse of Convention Cente

>There was a novelty song, probably
>in the late 1950s, early 1960s, that was a calling of a horse race.
The 78 came out in the very early 50's. I got it when I was a kid, and
I'd be willing to bet that the horse's name was Beetlebaum. The platter
was entitled 'William Tell Overture' so there's no way to find the
spelling of the horse's name, short of running down a script.

Spike Jones was big in the 40's. My parents got me a set of miniature
78's with words put to some of the music from The Nutcracker. Fifty years
later I can't see the ballet or even hear the music without the Spike
Jones words running through my head.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw