RE: 1970's Panelized Roof - Question

Dennis,

I assume you have a typical column grid of 45' x 37'-6".

The first thing I would try to do is work with the mechanical guys to see if
you can located the new units as close to the columns as possible.  This
will allow you to load the GL beams where bending is not an issue, but shear
needs to be checked.

Good luck

Marlou