RE: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete

Look at ACI 117-90. I think it should list allowable tolerances.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:32 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Q: Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete

I could have sworn I remembered seeing dimensional tolerances for concrete
in ACI; however all I can find are tolerances for placement of rebar (and
even then it's limited to "d" and "clear cover" (RE: ACI 7.5).

I've got a foundation stemwall, nominally 12" that in reality tapers to the
top of the wall so that it is only about 10" at that point. But how can I
complain if there are no published acceptable tolerances?

What am I missing?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX, USA