Aluminum 6063-T52 allowable bending stress[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Aluminum 6063-T52 allowable bending stress
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:09:31 -0500
I need to do a handrail calculation for 6063-T52 aluminum pipe. I have an NAAMM publication that tells me that the design bending stress for 6063-T5 and 6063 T532 is 11.5 ksi and that it is to be reduced to 8 ksi within 1" of welds. Do any of you know if T52 would have the same design values?
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: Alaskan Engineers read ->RE: IBC vs NFPA5000 (Was IBC 1617.6.2. ..)
- Next by Subject: RE: Aluminum 6063-T52 allowable bending stress
- Previous by thread: Re: gap below base plates
- Next by thread: RE: Aluminum 6063-T52 allowable bending stress