Re: Aluminum 6063-T52 allowable bending stress

>I have an NAAMM publication that tells me that the design bending stress
>for 6063-T5 and 6063 T532 is 11.5 ksi and that it is to be reduced to 8
>ksi within 1" of welds.  Do any of you know if T52 would have the same
>design values?
'Aluminum standards and data show the same typical yield and ultimate
strength for T52 and T5, so you'd use the the same allowables. The
allowables you've quoted are applicable to building structures--you might
want to give some thought to using the lower allowables for bridge type
structures since you need some impact resistance on the rails.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw