RE: Intellicad vs Autocad

Gerard,

The version I have is a free version downloaded a while back (Intellicad
2000 I think... personally don't run this much since I have AutoCad 2000 on
my desktop).  A few guys here at work have compared it to out AutoCad 2000
and have found it to run roughly 80% of our LISP routines without
modification and roughly 95% with some minor modifications.  They have been
and still are very impressed with its performance and compatability.

For a short time, I think the thought was considered to switch from AutoCad
to Intellicad corporate wide.  The biggest hinderance was that Intellicad is
based upon "open source" code and the big wigs felt more secure in sticking
with a commercial (non-open source) program mainly for stability and future
issues that may or may not ever arise.  Another good source of information
is the Intellicad Technology Consortium (http://www.intellicad.org)... the
actual source of the software available from different vendors such as
CadOpia.

Roger was the one with the $20 copy... I think I have seen it in the past at
OfficeMax

HTH,
Greg Effland, P.E.
KC, MO USA