RE: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!

Lynn:

I think that your first call should have been to the EOR of that
building, and if you did not receive a satisfactory explanation
I would then notify the owner and the Bldg. dept.
I would still try and resolve any issues with the design
professionals, chances are that the EOR will probably want any
deficiencies discovered now rather than later. He might even thank you

HTH

Tarek Mokhtar, SE
Laguna Beach