RE: FEA REFERENCE

Juan,
The Structuralist.Net will be starting a new FEA Listservice. It will be
up and running sometime next week. The purpose is to provide a real-time
list for those who wish to discuss basic through advanced modeling
techniques to learn from.

For a much faster way, I recently received a notice in the mail for RISA
Technologies Smart Classes.  I assume that while the class is meant for
their software, it probably provides enough "generic" information to be
applied to other FEA packages.

I would think that RAM Analysis has a similar type of program for their
Advanse software as would Formation Design's MultiFrame. There are a
number of software packages out there and I don't mean to ignore them,
but these are the ones I have become familiar with and I like their very
user friendly interfaces.

I am hoping the Listservice will serve a more "generic" guide to FEA
modeling and leave the specific How-To Find information to the specialty
package that you use. I don't know of any decent after-market books
other than scholastic texts. Hopefully, the list will provide more
direct answers to those who are in need of clarification. I am also
inviting developers to participate (just be careful about
solicitations). Your help in the List will give you some product
recognition in exchange for helping the professional community solve
many of their modeling problems.

The Structuralist.Net List page where the FEA Listservice administration
link will be posted can be found at:
http://structuralist.net/prof_list.htm
I will try and work on this tonight to see if I can accelerate the
creation of the forum for those who wish to participate immediately.
Check under the folder heading "Software Forums" and you will find the
FEA Users List (it's there now, just not linked up yet). If it appears
as bold blue, then the list will be active. Click on the icon to the
left of the list title to read a description and access the links to
subscribe and post your first message.

We also have a Bulletin Board Style Message forum for those who do not
want to deal with e-mail based Listservices. The link to the Forum Index
is at:
http://structuralist.net/aec-index.htm
There are two FEA software forums listed - RAM Advanse and RISA
Technologies. These forums are developer specific Peer-2-Peer Users
Groups. Clicking on any of the light colored topics will launch the
discussion forum. First time users must register - but only once.
Instructions are online.

The response to each depends upon how many join and participate.  I
suspect there will be many as professionals learn about the services.

I hope this will be in time to help you with your questions.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

Website:
http://www.structuralist.net