Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!

Thanks to those of you who replied to my "jamb".  I
need to clarify a few things.

1.  We did contact the Engineer first about many of
the issues we had problems with.  There response
was, yeah we already took care of that, or, yeah we
know about that and are in the process of taking
care of that, or, yeah that looks like it could be a
problem we will get to that.  So they were not
hostile, and seemed to be designing as the project
was under construction.  We only brought to their
attention issues that were directly related to the
tenant improvements we were doing.  We did not bring
to their attention issues that were concerns with
the overall building design.

2.  The Tenant is the one who threatened to sue us.
They are afraid that if the building department gets
a hold of this letter, they will shut the project
down until all issues are resolved.  This could
delay their move in date, and by the nature of their
business, they would be out of business unable to
make any money for any period they are without
offices.

3.  The thing that makes this a difficult call is
that the issues we had with the building are not
necessarily life-safety issues.  Even if the
building was completed as shown on the plans, I am
not sure it would be any more un-safe than a similar
building constructed in the 1950's.  So  I don't
think I can fall back on the eminent threat to the
life or safety of the occupants of the building.
There could indeed be Code violations, but I am not
sure it rises to the level that would require me to
act.

I really do appreciate all of the input I have
received.  We are going to contact our insurance
company and see what advice they give us.

Thanks.

Lynn