Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!

It is likely that design earthquake or hurricane loads will exceed what the
structures see in the construction process.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

*********

                    "M. David
                    Finley, P.E."        To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.ne
                    t>                   cc:
                    02/15/02 07:40
                    AM                   Subject:     Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!.
                    Please respond
                    to seaint                                                                                    .

> One of the first bits of guidance I received as a young engineer came
from
> my boss, "If your structure survives the construction process, it will be
> just fine in service."
>
> John P. Riley, SE

The Hyatt Skyway and the Tacoma Narrows are two notable exceptions that
immediately come to mind.

M. David Finley, P.E.

the views of the company.