Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!

--- Lynn H <lhoward(--nospam--at)silcom.com> wrote:
> Thanks to those of you who replied to my "jamb".  I
>
> 3.  The thing that makes this a difficult call is
> that the issues we had with the building are not
> necessarily life-safety issues.  Even if the
> building was completed as shown on the plans, I am
> not sure it would be any more un-safe than a similar
> building constructed in the 1950's.  So  I don't

Even though a engineer design a perfect building, the
contractor is going to miss one thing or other; or the
contractor will not follow the details provided on the
drawings. It happens many times. This does not mean
most have failed.

If there were no serious errors/omissions then it
should be fine.

P.S. My previous boss was a very negligent engineer,
though he is a veteran(?) California S.E. He sometimes
even grades S.E. exams. He is in the business because
architects like his low fees, and he is running a
'sweatshop'. I think his license must be reviewed or
he must be asked to re-take the SE exam. Does the
Board in Sacramento has a system to evaluate
performance of SE's on routine basis?