Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!
- From: RDAHLMANN(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:53:59 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2002 2:10:58 AM US Mountain Standard Time, rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com writes:
On Fri, 15 Feb 02 09:11:26 -0600 Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
> >"If your structure survives the construction process, it will be
> >just fine in service."
> The Hyatt-Regency skywalks made it...
There were warning signs here too, during construction 2700 SF of roof collapsed at the Hyatt Regency due to rigid connections that did not allow for thermal movement in steel members. On a very cold night, a beam pulled out of a concrete wall causing the roof to collapse. This prompted a review of the plans, but the skywalk detail was still not caught.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!
- Next by Subject: Re: Now I am in a REAL jamb!!
- Previous by thread: Re: Station Square Structural Failure
- Next by thread: What is the status of the IBC in California