RE: Hydrocarbon encapsulation

Gail,

The Department of Energy at the Savannah River Site and probably at Hanford in Washington state was developing some kind of solidification of some of the liquid wastes that were being produced.  I don't know much about it chemically or structurally because I was not involved in that area when I worked there in the early 90's.  The Department of Energy was very interested in technology sharing, so that may be a place you could do some research.

Glenn C. Otto, P.E.
LIBERTY ENGINEERING, P.C.
Virginia Beach, VA