Bolted beam splice connection

Good morning everyone,

I have a question for you.  Steel fabricator has fabricated a beam that is 1" to short at the cantilevered end of a splice.  So, instead of 1/2" gap under the splice plate, they've got 1 1/2".  It doesn't seem to big of a problem, i just wanted to make sure i'm going about this correctly.

I'm going to check the increase of the eccentricity on the bolts and thier shear capacity.  I can specify a bigger plate and add bolts if i need be.  Anything else i should be concerned about? or should i have them make a new beam :)

TIA

Alden Manipula, EIT