Re: FEA AGAIN

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] The book by Robert Cook is actually very well written.  It explains the concepts well and doesn't overwhelm you with equations. You should be comfortable with matrices though,  which would probably hold true for all fea texts.

The Schaum's outline is probably a little too simplistic to actually learn what you need.  Plus it is not necessarily oriented to structures.   (I have it but haven't looked at it in a while, as I remember, it focused more on other applications of finite element analysis.)

I may have some of the other books you list but if so,  I haven't looked at them for a really long time. I would highly recommend the book by Cook.  When you are done with that,  you can get Bathe.

Gail Kelley