From: cmendoza
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Re:

Is there a problem with this building?

regards,

Celso
----- Original Message -----
From: vicpeng
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 5:29 PM
Subject: Re:

"Station Square Shopping Center in Burnaby, B.C." .....

One of the reasons all engineers who insist they are structural engineers in BC, have to re-qualify as Structural Engineers of Record (SER).

Save-on-Foods roof collapse was the first.

Then came the Closkey Commission.  Then came the BC Government warning of takeovers of licensing & registration if we (APEGBC) couldn't show that we are self regulating.  Then came "SER"!

And in about 5 years time, we might not be able to spell it, but some of us will be "real" structural injaneers.

Thor A Tandy  P.Eng
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net