Re: Topographic Information

I always thought that everything was generated by survey as well, but the speed with which proposal backgrounds can be produced without survey leads me to believe that we have reached the point where regional GIS systems have all the information available as a resource.

Paul Feather
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: Topographic Information

Paul,

I'm familiar with what you're referring to, but I always thought that that data was provided
from surveys ordered on those properties.  The last firm I worked at did Surveys for
the roadwork that they did.  Here, we generally we subcontract out the surveys.  But
there is always the oddball occasion where you go out and do them yourself.