From: Dave Adams [mailto:davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: (Off Topic) Railroad Gauge

I think this may have been floating around at one time, but there was a
history on the gauge used for railroads that had something to do with
the ruts in the road produced by chariots (maybe I'm way off)?  Does
anyone have a copy of this tale?

Thanks,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
PH:  (559) 688-5263
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com