RE: New Masonry on Existing Slabs on Grade

Zachary:

I would suggest using Table 5 (Chapter 5) or Table 6 (Chapter 6) in
Designing Floor Slabs on Grade by Ringo and Anderson. Table 5 is for wall
loads on slabs with a joint (or crack) immediately adjacant to the wall.
Table 6 is for max. uniform storage loads with an unloaded aisle (critical
aisle width) immediately adjacent to the heavy load. The allowable loads
should be very similar (after adjusting for the width of the wall).

Another way to do it is by using beam on elastic foundation. If you have
Enercalc, I believe there is a program that would calculate the moments or
stresses in the unreinforced slab due to the concentrated load.

If you exceed these allowable loads, I would recommend cutting a footing
into the slab.

I hope this helps!

Jim K.