Re: Request for feedback

Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> Here is a list of items I would like AISC to include:
>
> 1.  Moment connections in the column week direction.  Currently only strong
> axis connections are pre-qualified.

I'll second that one. With the IBC, in our area most of our buildings
are classifed Seismic Design Category D, and not being able to use weak
axis moment connections is very limiting. When a building is only a
couple of bays wide, sometimes you need all the connections you can get.

And please add to that, moment connections to tube columns.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC