RE: Railroad Gauge

Hi:

Could you lead me to the information on the railroad gage and the sizes
of flat bed railroad cars?

I need to install a crane to lift people out of a creek to a old wharf
supported on wood piles.  To keep the load off these piles, I would like
to mount the crane and it's counter weight on the railroad cars and only
move it into position when needed.  The pay load is 4000 pounds and the
crane has to have a lifting arm of at least 14 feet long.

Thanks

Szuchuan
Cupertino, CA