Re: Anchorage to Hollow Clay Tile

Paul,

Covert Operations has supplied epoxy anchors for many hollow clay tile
buildings.  Usually a 3/4 inch diameter rod installed in a 1 inch diameter
hole with a wire mesh screen tube.  Using a band of duct tape around the
screen at the center of the cell also helps concetrate the extruded epoxy in
the area of the face shells.  If you have multi wythe walls or pilasters, the
anchors will get much higher values if you can grab multiple units.  we have
test reports available if you would like.

Howard Silverman, PE
Covert Operations, Inc.
(800) 827-7229