cellular concrete fill

Does anyone have experience or suggestions regarding
the use of cellular concrete fill (in the 45 pcf
range) for lightweight fill under roadways?

I have an existing tunnel about 3 feet under a road,
which analysis finds to be inadequate to carry the
required loads.  Dead load eats a large portion of the
available capacity; if I can effect a significant
reduction in dead load, my live load capacity suddenly
looks good.

My concerns are degradation under long-term traffic
load, and cost.  Groundwater is way down, so buoyancy
is not a problem.

Any discussion or information will be appreciated.

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota