Clay tile weights

Paul,

Architectural Graphics Standards, 6th Edition, 1970, pg 169, shows a "Type 9"
wall (12-inch cavity wall, glazed brick one face, tile one face) at 79#/sf.

Time-Saver Standards for Architectural Design Data, 5th Edition, 1966, pg
314, shows the above wall as a No. 14 wall of the same weight.  Nos. 14 thru
17 are all 12-inch walls with different layups of tile and weigh as follows:

No. 14      79#/sf
No. 15      90#/sf
No. 16      80#/sf
No. 17      89#/sf

All weights are unplastered.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Feather wrote:

.W > hat is the consensus regarding hollow clay tile assembly weights?  (My
. > lack of age is showing for a change :-), I'm pushing 40, the building is
. > pushing 80)

. > Units appear to be 8 x 12 on the face, 12" wall transitioning
. > to 8" parapet. Unreinforced, non-grouted.