Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: Clay tile weights
 Per section 2301 of the 1927 UBC WEIGHTS OF BUILDING MATERIALS:
8" hollow clay tile = 30 lbs.
12" hollow clay tile = 45 lbs.

Steven A.
Los Angeles

Paul Feather wrote:

Thank you to all who responded earlier, both on list and off. What is the consensus regarding hollow clay tile assembly weights?  (My lack of age is showing for a change :-), I'm pushing 40, the building is pushing 80 )Units appear to be 8 x 12 on the face, 12" wall transitioning to 8" parapet. Unreinforced, non-grouted. Paul Feather