Re: Information on design of steel chimneys

Try mecaconsulting.com
They offer a couple of programs and spreadsheets for designing steel stacks.
I haven't used them, but they look useful.  Even if you are not interested
in the program, they have a page of errata and changes for  the ASME
STS-1-2000 (latest ASME Code).  Anyone who has the 2000 code should at least
review that page.

SMACNA also has a stack guide - which I've never cared for and might not be
very current.

Lincoln Eelectric's Tubular Steel Structures is still available on their
website.  It has a couple of chapters on chimneys - again not the most
useful reference.

Rich